Thursday, June 12, 2008

Origins Eyeliners- Some of the best in the market!

Origins, a brand under Estee Lauder, is probably one of the least raved about brands in the market. VERY unfair in my honest opinion! I will admit that it's packaging is very plain, simple and perhaps to some, dull. However, I can say for sure that for those of you who have yet to try any of Origins makeup are missing out on something GOOD! I will most definitely do more posts on Origins makeup in the future. I have unearthed some really good finds in the past years. =)

Today, I will be sharing with you my love for the Origins Automagically Eye lining pencils.

Let's start of with some pictures of these eye definers, swatches of them and I will end with a short review.


A closer glimpse at how the colors look...



Swatches!~




These eyeliner kohls are seriously good stuff! I tried to clean these swatches off my arm with some toner after taking pictures (I usually use toner to remove eyeshadows and lipstick swatches) BUT they refuse to budge! I had to fetch some eye makeup remover.

These liners will actually LAST on your eyes if you do not have very oily lids like me. However, these work if you want that smudgey look too. You have to start smudging straight away once you have finished lining your your eyes, or else, the line WILL not budge easy!

I love the range of colors Origins carries. Not too many, just enough colors to create just about any color look. I have practically all of them, with exceptions to Jade and Mulberry. I will love to have the remaining two but unfortunately, they are never available at the Origins counters in Singapore!

My favourites are Fudge, Smoke and Mushroom. Mushroom is a gorgeous and unique shade. A beautiful brownish taupe and definitely not an easily duplicated color. I have yet to find a dupe for this amazing shade and I have alot of eyeliners! Check this shade out the minute you pass an Origins counter. I promise you will get hooked!

I always reach for these eyeliners, have backups for a couple of them and I will repurchase when I have run out! Do give the brand a chance girls! =P

9 comments:

jing said...

I'm so glad MUAers are starting their own blogs! I always love your m/u pron posts.

SeReNe~ said...

Thanks for the compliment. =) I hope I will be able to stick to this blog.

R. said...

Hey Serene! This is effloresce_ from MUA :D How much are these? I'm tempted! MAC Technakohls smudge on me, boo.

Mowpea said...

Indeed, this is very tempting...you evil lemming maker!
;-D
Monstro from MUA

Fiona Star said...

hi, love the review! you make me really wanna get them! but i was wondering, do you know how these compare with MAC powerpoint pencils?

LyNn said...

looks good.
im using a cheaper alternative for kohl liners thou
revlon colorstay is awesome.
perhaps you could give it a go and make comparisons to this one?
:)

Unknown said...

Hi my friend

I loved your blog, it has smart posts and nice photos.I'm wating your visit.

http://amigadamoda.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

great post! love your blog!

follow our blog?

stylishlygifted.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Lusting how these eye liners go on!! They look great. Great blog!

www.lovelywanderlust.com