Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A look at Paul & Joe's Eye Colors!

Let me begin this post by answering a couple of questions from readers. =) You may also be thinking of the same questions if you are new to Paul & Joe or to my very new blog!

Q1: Is Paul & Joe a drugstore brand where you are? It's only available at highend stores over here!

A1: Unfortunately for us all, Paul & Joe is a highend brand here in Singapore and everywhere else! =( For example, it's lipsticks cost between SGD 37-39, MAC lipsticks cost SGD28 and Chanel costs between SGD40-43. P&J's Loose Powder cost a whopping SGD77 and its mascaras between SGD40-50! So, I will definitely say Paul & Joe IS indeed highend.


Q2: Why do you have/ need so much makeup?

A2: What is enough or too much makeup in your opinion? I'm aware that there are many people with no makeup products at all, as well as others with tons more than me! =) I can safely say that my addiction is never a need but a WANT. Not a necessity but a luxury! I'm just like any other girl out there with a bag or shoe obsession. Just that my weakness is MAKEUP. (^ o ^*)/




I'm going to be showcasing my Paul & Joe permanent line of eye colors today. =) Enjoy!

CLICK HERE
to access the Paul & Joe website for these eye colors. The swatches on their website are good but not that good. =/

My Stash (opened)


The gorgeous e/s compacts!


The backs of the shadow compacts



Personally, I love Paul and Joe's (P&J) packaging. I love the vintage, girly and pretty compacts, casings and designs! I would willingly pay for the packaging even if the products are crap (I know, I know, I'm a sucker for pretty things!). That said, I am pleasantly surprised by most of their makeup products (That will be another post, some day). Like every other brand, there are the good and not-so-good products in P&J as well.

For these permanent range of new Eye Colors, there are some hits and misses too! But I can safely say that the misses are NOT bad products. I'm just not too big a fan of too much frost or shimmer in my eyeshadows. Some colors in the range are just too light imo. WHY in the world would anyone NEED so many highlighter colors in a range of shadows? HUH?

Another thing I noticed, is the very obvious fact that there are not enough shades of purple!!! Heeeeello? You have greens, blues, greys, browns, neutrals, etc. So where are my PURPLES?

You can't blame me for that outburst. I'm a great fan of purples!


Here are the swatches>>>









The Limited Eye Colors for Asia & DFS


I love those LE colors so much! Very pretty imho. Another big winner is #20. This beautiful shade of black is so shimmery and pigmented in real life. I love to use it wet too. My picture of it does it no justice! I will do a comparison between #20, MAC Black Tied and Jane Clubbing soon.

I urge all of you to go to your nearest Paul & Joe counters to swatch/ try on these colors. They are pretty enough but not all that pigmented compared to many of your favourites like MAC, Urban Decay etc. But if you are after a natural, feminine and soft look, Paul & Joe might just be the brand for you!

2 comments:

make me beautiful said...

Wowser!! Do you buy the entire collection?? Fabulous - Simply Fabulous! hahaha

I am perfectly awful with eyeshadow!

NottyEvil said...

Gee you are a huge Paul & Joe fan! i love their double ended mascara ;)