Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A quick mini drugstore haul!

So... like I said in the post yesterday, I had to go the drugstore near my place to pick up a Revlon SL lipstick in Mulled Wine for a gal pal of mine. And look what I came back with! *smacks forehead* It was supposed to be 1 lipstick!!! ONE.



All in less than 15 mins. I can explain though! You see, there was a sale. =D

I got my HG Ottie Eye MU remover for SGD15 BOGOF. YAY!
FYI, Ottie is a Korean brand. =)

4 Ottie nailpolishes for only SGD10.

The Revlon lipsticks were still on sale here and they were only SGD12.90 each. I picked up Berry Baby for myself since I already have Mulled Wine! I can't resist these.

Bought a new brand of nail polish remover, Byphasse, that the SA said was better than Sally Hansen (SH). But NAH, I prefer SH. Byphasse evaporates way too fast. The cotton pad soaked with the remover dried before I could remove the polish on my second nail! =/

Shower cap and brow shavers. My necessities.



Ruby Star, Cinema Brown & Magenta Pink are new additions to the family. =) Blood Spy, my mom's HG is the 3rd backup in my collection! Afterall, I'm her favourite manicurist. =P

Here are the swatches>>

I will only use this color on the tips of nails.


Please excuse the left over glitter from Ruby Star! =P


I really love this shade!! A red with gold shimmer.


This color is a pretty deep hot pink. No shimmer.

Check out how pretty Ruby Star is close up


This is officially my first post on one of my favourite lipstick brands- REVLON Super Lustrous (SL)





Swatches>>




These are some of the BEST lipsticks in the market. I know I sound like a broken recorder but honestly, these are superb quality for the price you pay. Very creamy and pigmented. No strong, harsh and irritating scents too! The color selection needs to be expanded. I NEED more of these gems!

Ok. This is it for today. I'm wiped out. Only managed 4 hours of sleep last night and I'm a 10 hour person.

Tomorrow, I will reveal the power of my HG undereye concealer. Before and after pics.

Night now!~

p.s. Darn. I just realised that it's Baby Berry and NOT Berry Baby. Aiyah! Whatever. Eyes closing...



Just a thought...


I was just wondering what exactly this blog would be all about. Reviews? Hell, no. I stink at describing colors! Taking and posting detailed photos of my entire makeup stash. No way. The Stila Girl contest pictures just about killed me and the BF. See below.



I think I am just going to post on everything that comes to mind about makeup, my number one love since I was a kid. Yah, I used to play with my mommy's makeup just like you. Mommy dear started me off with Estee Lauder (EL) lipsticks. She swears by the brand and has been their ardent supporter since she was 19 (she's now 50 and no less beautiful). I have since added Chanel to her Holy Grail (HG) brands.

Besides my dearest mother, another big influence in my life has got to be www.makeupalley.com (MUA). MUA is the ultimate road of no return for me (and many others) and my makeup addiction. There, you get the most gifted and skillful MUAers showcasing their beautiful mu skills, thousands of product reviews on just about any beauty product under the sun, meeting people from all walks of life, from all countries (with internet connection of course!), with one common interest- Makeup. I am very lucky to have met some really wonderful people at MUA who have touched me with their kindness and generosity. People who are both beautiful inside and out. You know who you are. =)

www.mymakeupvanity.blogspot.com
I really hope this makeup blog will interest and benefit, girls from everywhere in the world (especially Singapore). Honestly, I find us a little behind countries like the US, Japan, Taiwan, HK & Korea when it comes to beauty stuff. We are just not vain enough!!! Come on! Look at the our fellow Asians, the Japanese girls! At how well-groomed and nicely turned out they are. I am not asking everyone of us to spend 3 hours in front of the mirror daily. 15 minutes a day prepping yourself isn't too much to ask, is it? =) If you look good, you FEEL good. Time well spent if you ask me! It's never too late for us to catch up! =P

I will also be sharing good beauty buys that we can get in Singapore. Good drugstore or departmental store products that are worth our attention and MONEY! I am eternally jealous of the ladies in the US and Japan! Have you any idea what drugstore products they have access to?? Our selection and variety in Singapore is just sad. =( But never mind, we will dig and sift out all the beauty treasures we can find here! (^ o ~ *)b

**Everything posted on this blog are my personal thoughts, feel and liking. It does not have anything to do with a particular brand, product or person. What works for you might not work for me and vice versa. I just want to share my love for makeup and hopefully help some other person in the process of searching for the right product or look. Please DO mail me with any tips or products that you would like to share with others. We are here to learn from each other and to hopefully look better each day!

All things said (there will be more pep talks for lazy girls later), just enjoy the blog, learn from one another and buy more makeup! (^ - ^~)!!

~~ There are no ugly women, only lazy ones. ~~

How very true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great haul! Everything looks so pretty! Thanks again for mulled wine , you are the best! xxx Zoe

SeReNe~ said...

Hey Zoe love! =P

Anything for u. =P I hope you enjoy it. ***hugzzZZZ***

xoxo
♥SeReNe

ee said...

totally agree on ur views on Singapore gals doing makeup. I am more daring in USA going out with all sorts of colour on the lids, but if I were to go back to SG, I wonder how people will react hahaha .. Might think that I am crazy, or going to perform in a wayang ...